MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE LIMERICK
During the course of medical care it sometimes occurs that those under care are victims of injury sustained by the negligence of those administering that care. Medical professionals cannot guarantee to cure problems suffered by patients, however patients are entitled to a certain minimum standard of care and should a patient suffer an injury, be it physical or psychological, as a consequence of a medical professional not meeting this minimum standard of care, then there may be a case in negligence.
Our firm believes in taking the most cost effective steps to establish if there is a medical negligence claim:
- Obtain medical records under the Freedom of Information Acts.
- Review the medical records obtained.
- Send records to a medical expert in that field to ascertain whether the requisite standard of care was satisfied.
- If our medical expert is satisfied that there is a potential Medical Negligence Claim, we obtain a medico-legal report from the medical expert and Medical Negligence Proceedings are issued in the Courts.
The causes of action in medical negligence matters vary greatly and so it is not possible to provide an exhaustive list, each case will rest on its individual facts.
Examples of areas of claim include the following:
- Birth injuries
- Laparoscopy or keyhole surgery
- Cosmetic surgery
- Cerebral Palsy Cases
- Wrongful death
- Misdiagnosis of cancer
- Ear Nose & Throat
- Joint replacement
It is the objective of our medical negligence team that our Clients receive the best advice possible and given the very best opportunity to bring all claims to a satisfactory conclusion.